Wyoming Resources for Voters with Disabilities

U.S. Vote Foundation's Wyoming Voters with Disabilities Guide provides valuable resources including information on accessible voting options, voter rights, and guidance on the voting process. This essential Wyoming guide empowers individuals to exercise their right to vote in a private, independent, and accessible way.

What are my rights as a voter with a disability in Wyoming?

In Wyoming, you have the right to the following as protected by federal law. Election staff must respect these rights:

  • Accessible voter registration
  • Accessible polling places
  • Policies and procedures that do not discriminate against you based on your disability
  • Accessible, available, and operational voting systems, features
  • Your service animal to accompany you inside the polling place
  • The right to vote privately and independently or with assistance, if needed
  • Assistance from a person of choice, who can be a friend, family member, or poll worker (but not your boss, union agent, or a candidate unless this person is your family member)
  • Election Staff trained to understand the rights above.

In Wyoming, you also have the right to:

  • Independently mark and cast your ballot without interference, coercion, or intimidation
  • Vote in privacy and cast a secret ballot
What are the rules of assistance for disabled voters in Wyoming?
  • You may request assistance from a poll worker or receive assistance from a person of your choice with the following exceptions:
    • your employer, an agent of your employer
    • an officer or agent of your union
    • a candidate on the ballot
  • A poll worker cannot force you to accept assistance.
What are the different ways to vote in Wyoming?
  • In-person on Election Day
  • Absentee (in-person or by mail) without excuse up to 40 days before an election
  • While abroad as a citizen or military through an absentee ballot request
  • Provisional ballot at a polling place
What are the ways to request an Absentee Ballot in Wyoming?

In Wyoming, you can request an absentee ballot by: 

Find the address of your county clerk's office or find the information to contact them by phone, e-mail, or mail.

How is the Wyoming mail-in or absentee ballot process made accessible for voters with print disabilities?

In Wyoming, you are able to vote from home by mail.

Please contact your county clerk with questions about mail-in voting accessibility.

How can I prepare to use accessible voting equipment in Wyoming prior to Election Day?

You should be able to access a sample ballot as well as preview and practice using accessible voting equipment. Please contact your county clerk to find out which equipment is used, to ask for instructions, and to see how to practice.

Who do I contact if I have problems when voting in Wyoming?

Please contact your country clerk to address any concerns. The Wyoming Protection and Advocacy Service is also available to help you.

You can fill-out and submit a Complaint Form to the Wyoming State Elections Enforcement Commission. It should be mailed to:

                       Wyoming Secretary of State
                       Elections Division
                       2020 Carey Avenue, Suite 600
                       Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002

You can also fill out a Violation of Civil Rights Complaint Form and submit it to the US Department of Justice by one of the following methods:

  • Online, through the form’s submission process - this is the fastest method
  • By fax at (202) 616-9881. You MUST include “ATTN: Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Complaints" at the top of your fax submission for it to be processed correctly
  • By mailing your form to: 

                      U.S. Department of Justice
                      Office of the Inspector General
                       Investigations Division
                       ATTN: Civil Rights & Civil Liberties Complaints
                      950 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
                      Washington, DC 20530


For additional assistance, The National Network of ADA Centers can provide local contact information for other organizations you may wish to contact, including your Regional ADA Center or ADA Knowledge Translation Center, or Federal Agencies and Resources.