Summit 2015 - See What Happened
U.S. Vote Foundation and Overseas Vote, FairVote, and the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law co-hosted the Ninth Annual Voting and Elections Summit where we examined the profound and persistent issues surrounding U.S. voter participation, engagement in our democracy, and what we can do about it.
ENGAGE - EMPOWER - PROTECT
THE AMERICAN VOTER
The 2014 midterm election had the lowest turnout since 1942, with more than 144 million eligible voters not casting a vote. With the 2016 presidential election approaching and national, state and local legislatures able to pass laws that may impact voter participation, our two-day conference combined high-profile speakers and hands-on workshops to discuss ways to increase voter participation, voter confidence and equitable representation in our elections.
2 Days - 2 Formats: The 2015 Summit encompassed two days with two very different formats, which provided different approaches and opportunities for analysis for the audience.
Day 1: Thursday, Feb 5th, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, followed by a reception
- Our varied program moved from keynotes to fast-paced interviews to deep discussion roundtables – all designed to expose you to ideas and tactics, which address the central questions of how to improve elections and increase participation.
- [See the Conference Agenda] [See Speaker Bios]
- Location: Media and Public Affairs Building, Jack Morton Auditorium, George Washington University, 805 21st NW, Washington, D.C. 20052
- A reception hosted by the Veteran’s Campaign was held after the event
Day 2: Friday, Feb, 6th, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- A day of workshops where we dug deeper into the voting and elections issues with which our community grapples. Provided an opportunity to network, share ideas and develop strategies to move your work forward.
- [See the Workshop Agenda] [See Workshop and Speaker Bios]
- Location: Winston and Strawn, 1700 K St NW, 12th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20052
Thank you to our Summit 2015 Sponsors!
Would you like to be a Summit 2015 Sponsor - contact email@example.com for complete information