FedEx Launches Special 10-Country Next-Day US Ballot Return Program
FedEx Steps Up for Overseas Voters
FedEx has announced:
"For the upcoming US election, FedEx Express offers a fast, reliable way for Americans abroad to send ballots home. US voters living in 10 European countries can now take advantage of a special rate for overnight return of their absentee ballot.
From now through November, FedEx International Priority service for envelopes up to 500g sent to the USA costs just €25 from Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Denmark (kr.186), Poland (112 zł), Sweden (260 kr), and the United Kingdom (£23)."
Special Instructions to Access the Discounted Price:
- You must book online to access the discounted price.
- You must create an account and set up payment by credit card to access the discounted price.
Avoid the following:
- Do not call customer service for this offer. If you do call customer service, you are given the full price.
- Do not request invoicing on the account. If you request invoicing, you are given the full price.
This is very exciting news and means that voters in these countries do not need to worry about USPS delays for paper ballots, or foreign hacking threats for online ballots. U.S. Vote Foundation and the Overseas Vote initiative would like to take this opportunity to thank FedEx for this program offer.
Updates to Instructions: posted Oct 2, 2020
Note: you must have a printer available to print the shipping label.
- Scroll to the end of the opening page to the section entitled: "25 EU envelopes to the Americas"
- Click the button to Open an Account; you will land on the Registration page. Enter your data and a password to create your account.
- Enter your credit card information.
- The shipping location will be the same as the credit card billing address. The ship to location does not need to be the same as your foreign address. You will enter your “From Address” later in the process.
- Your registration will then be processed
- Next, you will see onscreen that your registration is complete. Stay on that page, and in the right side box labeled "Ship", Choose "FedEx Ship Manager Lite".
- On the FedEx Ship Manager Lite page, under 1. Address Information: enter your overseas address as your "From" address.
- Put your Election Office address in the "To" address. This must be a physical address (not a PO Box). Look up your election office address here.
- Under 2. Shipment Details, select FedEx Envelope. Enter the ballot weight at 0.03 kg.
- Select a Ship Date and option of "Drop-off at FedEx Location" or "Pickup at my Location".
- Enter 3. Customs Information: Personal Document and 0 value.
- Lastly, you can choose to bill to your account in the 4. Payment Information.
- Review your shipping details. Check “Email a copy of my shipping label” and enter your email address. If everything is correct, click “Ship”.
- You will next see a confirmation page. Click "Print Label" and note the pickup and estimated delivery dates.